Planning to drive and visit family over the holidays? Whether you’re driving across town or across the state to celebrate with friends and family, here are some tips from Pronto Body Shop to keep you safe on the road.
- Do a pre-trip maintenance check. Have your car and tires inspected before you take a long drive. Stop by the shop or give us a call to have this done.
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and make sure they know your cell phone number in case you get separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road. Save Pronto's number (915-533-0912) in your phone so you can call us immediately if you need a tow to the shop. Or check out this video about getting roadside assistance in Texas.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at all times.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends.