It’s a simple concept. Snap a picture. Send it to your insurance company. Get a check and get your car fixed. If you’ve been in an accident, you want your vehicle repaired quickly. Photo-based insurance estimates can save you time, but they may not be saving you money.
Insurance photo estimates often drastically underestimate the amount of repair that your vehicle needs. That could leave you paying the remainder out-of-pocket or stuck driving a damaged car.
Recently, one of our customers received an estimate of $580 for a repair that ended up costing more than $3,000. With Pronto Body Shop’s expertise and documentation, the insurance company did end up supplementing the estimate to pay for the rest of the repair.
So, don’t take photo-based estimates at face value. It can’t compare with an in-person inspection of your damaged vehicle. If you or a family member has been in an accident, don’t hesitate to contact Pronto Body Shop for a FREE estimate of the damage and help to navigate the claims process with your insurance.
More insurance claims info:
- A photo can be used to provide a base estimate for your vehicle’s damage.
- After insurance has accepted responsibility and approved an estimate, you will pick a body shop you are comfortable with.
- Insurance should set up a rental vehicle for you if the car isn’t driveable
- The shop will remove all damaged parts related to the incident and document them with photos and blueprint the needed repairs.
- The insurance company reviews and approves/disputes any additional repairs
- With this approved supplement estimate, the insurance sends a payment to the shop
- If the shop misses something or finds more damage later on the process can be repeated as many times as needed.
- Never sign a check or pay for a repair upfront because you have no guarantee of the shop completing the repair.