When hailstorms strike, they can bring the threat of structural damage to susceptible outdoor valuables like your vehicle. If you’d like to learn about how to shield your car from hail damage, below are five measures can take.
- Store your car indoors: If possible, the most effective way to prevent hail damage to your car is by parking it in a covered area.
- Fold side mirrors: As one of the more fragile parts of your car, it’s recommended that you fold in your side mirrors ahead of a hailstorm.
- Purchase a hail car cover: You may want to invest in a car cover specifically made to protect vehicles from dents and broken windshields.
- Use a blanket or towel: Thick, padded blankets or towels can deter hail from damaging your car. If you use this method, securely fasten these materials by tucking the edges into your car’s doors, hood, trunk, or windows.
- Cushion with cardboard: If you have boxes made of thick cardboard, this could do the trick to provide an effective buffer and deflect incoming ice pellets. You’ll want to use sturdy cardboard, and if possible, layer boxes for extra protection. Flattened boxes can be affixed under your windshield to absorb the impact of hail and can be attached to the top of your car using bungee cords or strings.
If you’re located in the El Paso, Texas area and are interested in finding a solution for your vehicle’s hail damage, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team of expert technicians at Pronto Body Shop!